S&ME maintains a quality program written to address the requirements and expectations of the nuclear industry. Our quality program conforms with:
- 10 CFR 50 Appendix B – Quality Assurance Criteria for Nuclear Power Plants and Fuel Reprocessing Plants
- 10 CFR 21 – Reporting of Defects and Noncompliance
- ANSI N45.2.6 – Qualification of Inspection and Test Personnel
- ASME NQA-1 – Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications
S&ME’s Nuclear Quality Assurance Program has been evaluated through Nuclear Procurement Issues Committee (NUPIC) and Nuclear Industry Assessment Committee (NIAC) member audits, as well as many engineering firms, contractors, and utility companies. We have become the laboratory of choice for many nuclear utilities, contractors and engineering firms across the country.
S&ME can provide testing services for the qualification of various construction materials, perform testing to verify client identified critical characteristics in support of client commercial grade dedication plans, provide on-site testing support using personnel qualified as ANSI N45.2.6 testing/inspection personnel, and implement expedited testing programs to support nuclear outage schedules.
Typical laboratory testing has included:
- Qualification testing of concrete ingredient materials such as cement, pozzolans, admixtures, water, ice, and aggregates
- Qualification testing of prepackaged grout, epoxy grout, concrete, and repair mortar
- Qualification and production testing of reinforcing steel and mechanical splices
- Concrete mixture/proportion verification testing
- Destructive testing of concrete core samples in support of structure evaluations
- Testing of aggregates for the potential for alkali-aggregate reactivity
- Engineering properties of soil
Typical field services have included:
- QC observations and inspections of reinforcing steel placement
- QC observations and testing during concrete batching
- QC testing of fresh concrete and flowable fill
- QC testing of non-shrink grout and repair materials
- QC testing of soil and aggregate backfill
S&ME is committed to meeting the technical and quality assurance needs of our clients, as well as meeting the regulatory and safety demands of the nuclear industry.
When you need nuclear quality assurance testing performed, you want a company on your team that understands the demanding requirements of the nuclear industry. S&ME has been serving this industry for decades, and we want to help you address your unique testing challenges.